Tuesday, August 9, 2011

100 years to Live

Ahh I stink at blogging. Luckily, I don't think many people read this but it's a great way to get my thoughts out :)
Just got back from New Jersey visiting family to celebrate my great grandmother Goosie's 100th birthday. She is such an inspiring person and I just enjoy every moment I have with her. She is full of so many stories and memories it amazes me. Being a part of her 31 great grandchildren is a blessing. We spent the weekend eating and enjoying each others company. I got to meet my three new baby cousins and we had a huge party with everyone wearing red. My family is very energetic (slightly loud) and loving. I am so glad Tim got to join in on the festivities and truly experience what it feels like to be a part of our family.







I can't believe everyone is going back to school around this time and I'm not. It's a strange feeling knowing I'm not going back to Clemson and not going back to my chapter of KD. I wish everyone the best of luck and to enjoy it as much as possible because it definitely flies by way too fast. Even my little brother is moving to Athens tomorrow to start his journey at UGA Honors college. We spent all evening doing last minute shopping. I enjoy the time I can spend with him running errands and such because that seems to be the best time for us to really talk about life and everyday things. He is full of so much knowledge and random facts, I always learn something new from our conversations. We have definitely gotten closer since I went off to college so I am hoping that we will remain that way with him going off to college. As excited as I am for him, I can't help but be super nervous. He roomed randomly and doesn't know many people going to school with him. Luckily, Tim will still be in law school so I can visit MJ while I'm visiting Tim.


Wedding planning is going very well. We are just working hard to keep a steady budget and be creative to minimize expenses. Today I met with the florist and it made me so excited for how beautiful this day is going to be. Obviously, flowers don't make the day but I absolutely love flowers. It fascinates me how nature can be so beautiful. I am going with a family run florist because I feel that they really invest more time and effort into making your day everything you want it to be while still being reasonable with price. Same idea for our cupcakes. Tim and I are meeting with the cupcakery tomorrow to taste different flavors. What a great excuse to eat lots of sweets. If you're ever in the Alpharetta, GA area check them out: Jilly's Cupcakery.


We have finally announced our bridal party and I am so excited for all of these people to be involved in our special day. We have so many other important people that will be fully involved, we just couldn't have everyone in the bridal party. I have noticed that is probably the hardest part for me with the planning so far. I have a hard time cutting down involvement, from bridal party to even the guest list. It saddens me that everyone I would love to have there on May 19th can't be there but we're already at max for our reception site and the goal is to even keep slimming that down a bit. Hopefully people will understand if they only get invited to the ceremony because I would still love to have them there to witness our beautiful union.

1 comment: