Sunday, January 8, 2012

Big Lights.. Big City


I survived my first week as a full time employee and at our new office in Buckhead! I'm not used to being in a city area so it is taking a while to get used to. Just the fact that the commute is far, I park in a parking deck, and I ride up an elevator to the 18th floor are all very unfamiliar to me. Living in the burbs of Atlanta and going to school at Clemson pretty much set me up to believe to get anywhere I had to drive and drinks were relatively cheap. Now that I am in a heavy car and foot traffic area, I have a lot to learn. With Tim and I getting married in a little over 4 months, I hope to move to the city soon. I'd like to experience it while I'm still young. It seems like it would be really fun to eat at lots of different places, especially the holes in the wall. It'd also be nice to just take a taxi somewhere and then come home instead of always trying to plan how to find a way home or somewhere to stay. So if you have any suggestions for good priced areas around the Buckhead area, let me know!




I absolutely love college football season. I especially love bowl game time. Unfortunately, this past week Clemson got obliterated by WVU. The defeat was really disappointing but at the end of the day it is just football. I know people live and breathe by it but if that's all you have to look forward to, you need to find a new hobby. I love Clemson and I love Clemson football, but I definitely did not just go there for football. I got a valuable education and became a part of a family that I will always remember. The 4 years I spent there were incredible and I could not see myself at any other school. Even when I go back there to visit, the hospitality and friendliness you experience from the people there is incomparable. Can't wait for next season!
 I have loved getting to hang out with my Clemson KD ladies who have now become my Clemson Atlanta KD ladies. Moving home hasn't been too bad but I really miss just being able to drive 2 minutes to see friends. High school was some pretty fun years but I haven't really done a good job keeping up with people. I honestly haven't really heard from anyone in high school in a long time. Of course we're all facebook friends and I see myself wondering what they're all up to but when it comes to wanting to just hang out with someone on the weekends, I wish I had more friends in this area.I'm hoping that when Tim and I finally figure out our living situation then I will be able to join a KD alum group and maybe get involved in other hobbies. It's also hard for me to not want to go to Clemson and visit my friends but I am trying to move on from college and start the big kid chapter of my life. It's so tempting to just go back to the way things were but I need to start getting myself set up in Atlanta if I really want to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment