Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Thankful... for Old Friends

Of course I am playing catch up again but better late than never :) 

Day 5: Friends come and go and they help you make memories for different stages in your life. I am thankful for 3 women who have been in my life since I was about 4. 



Vanessa, Amy and Elizabeth have been there for me ever since we were little. We grew up in the same neighborhood and would walk to play at each others houses, had sleepless sleepovers, teased each other about our grade school crushes and played on the same soccer team for a looooong time rocking the pink uniforms as the Bubblegum Babes :)

Our neighborhood was relatively small so everyone pretty much knew everyone else and all the kids grew up together and went to the same schools. As we grew up we went our separate ways with Elizabeth and I going to private school and then Vanessa eventually moving to California. But no matter where we ended up, we always found ourselves coming back and reuniting at some point in the year. We all went to different colleges in different states but were still able to keep in touch. It used to be holidays that would bring us together but now it is weddings and babies. 

We have a history and a relationship that is definitely unique. I find so much comfort knowing that we have been able to stay close and that no matter what, these girls have my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment